Wednesday, April 18, 2007

*cliché day*

*
i could had taken a few more, but yesterday was pretty filled with them.
*
Master took me early to the hospital, and then i had to wait. He waited with me for a while, then He had to leave.
*
finally, they call me up to my room. Nurse 1: "please, change into this robe and remove all jewelry and piercings. They will call you for surgery in no time.". me: "hum. i cannot remove all the piercings." Nurse 1: "oh, so you will keep those two on your face? Are there any other?".
me: "actually, yes. there are two on my nipples and a few genital piercings." Zoom in to nurse 1's face, a male. Nurse 1: "ok, remove what you can then".
...


Nurse two enters the room. A woman. "So, are you ready for surgery yet? Don't forget to take all your earings and piercings out." She pulls out a clipboard, and takes some notes. "Are you allergic to any medicine? What meds are you taking? Why haven't you taken those (septum ring and monroe) out?" back to me: " i can't. These are captive rings. My other piercings are also captive rings." Nurse 2: "Other? oh, ok.".
...
Nurse three is another male. He shows up with a wheelchair to take me to surgery. "Ok, so your name is Rejoice, right?" (he mispronounces it). me: "Yes, my name is Rejoice." i have to repeat it three times till he can pronounce it correctly. "So, miss Rejoice, have you removed everything? Are you taking any meds? Are you allergic to anything?"
...
Nurse four got the door at the surgical center for us. "Oh, but she is so beautiful. What are you going to have done sweetie?"
...
more small talk.
...
after too much small talk and some waiting, they take me into the surgery room. Nurse five is there, and starts asking me questions about nipple piercings. Ok, i think. Then nurse six does the markings on my legs as for the veins that will be pulled out. "So many?", i ask. "Yup, but there may be more". Nurse five puts this painful device into my left hand, and nurse six attaches a reader to my right arm. Then i drift off into dream world.
...
i wake up a couple times during surgery. Everything is very confusing and i am uncomfortable, so i just stay there. i hear someone comment on my tattooes, and i think i saw the doctor. i also have a vague memory of the anesthesiologist. It took me ages to regain conciousness, and even longer to be able to move my legs a bit so they could take me back to the room.
...
on the way to the room, i wake up long enough to overhear this:
a: "Oh my god, look at the color of her lips."
b: "Don't worry, they were that color when she arrived".
...
nice. i am zombie woman. my feet are an icky yellow that goes along beautifully with my red toenails.
...
still very drowsy, nurse 2 and 4 go into my room. They ask to see my genital piercings, so whatever. i go back to sleep.
...
i wake up and eat. then sleep again. i can move my legs a little. i wake up to eat again. i can adjust to the bed, it is very uncomfortable. i hate having to keep my legs up. i have beef for dinner. i never eat red meat. i guess i will need the iron, so i eat it anyways. i am so bored out of my head i watch television. i never watch television. Oh, nice, Scrubs is on.
*
i had to pee, so i call a nurse. Nurse 3 shows up. He tells me the staff is referring to me as madonna. Bleh. i ask for a potty. i pee. i call him back. It is all very embarassing.
*
Finally, they let me go home. Master comes by, and waits with me for a while. As most men, He hates hospitals. (i find it so fucking cute!). Then they bring me a wheelchair, and i am in the car. Good bye, cliché hospital. Damn, some people!
*
He is a bit clumpsy and not verrrrry strong. Its cute how hard He tries to keep me from thouching the floor when i need to go to the bathroom. Then we watched "300" and went to sleep.
*
i'm bored of sleeping.
*
This morning Master has a fever. i feel useless. And that sucks. i also feel fat.
*
i appalingly despise being in bed all day. Because i have to. i hate, hate, HATE not being able to get up alone. At least tomorrow i can start walking a little again.
*
i'm über worried about my performance next friday. i have to do it. but i will be sooo fucking fat and soft because of not working out. And i wont be able to rehearse much.
*
i will be home longer than i imagined. shit. technically, i should only get up and at it again on May 1st. Yeah, right.
*
it's extremely uncomfortable to type in this position.
*

No comments: